Saturday, November 11, 2006

Last few days in Canada

It took a long time, 3 suitcases and backpack to pack up all my stuff in Lethbridge, but I managed and finally left on Tuesday 7th November. I was very sad to leave but have many happy memories to bring home with me.
We hired a car for our last 2 days and drove up to Banff where (thanks to a buy one night get one free offer) we stayed in style at the Fairmont Banff Springs. It was a lovely hotel and made extra special by the great staff there who didn't complain about the fact we had 4 suitcases and 2 heavy bags for only 2 people who were staying 2 nights and happily unloaded the car and took them up to the room for us.
The hotel had Christmas decorations up which were especially pretty and we enjoyed the outdoor pool which was fortunately heated as we were swimming while we it was snowing!
It was Rachel's first trip to Banff and it all seemed to different to me compared to the summer, but I think it looked prettier in the snow.
The first picture is Rachel and I at Lake Louise and the second is me at the top of Sulphur Mountain, overlooking Banff townsite.
As they say, all good things must come to end and all too soon it was Thursday and D-(departure) day. It was only a short drive to the airport and after a few delays we were on our way. Sadly we couldn't sneak past the staff with our overweight luggage; Rachel had to unpack a few things and wear them and my bags were 17lb overweight so I had to pay $70 excess baggage fees (don't worry I still love Canadians, but maybe not Air Canada).
I arrived at Heathrow on Friday 10th November and shortly after landing was sick - hopefully that isn't a sign of things to come now I'm back home!!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home