Sunday, November 05, 2006

Soggy in Seattle

I was lucky enough to be able to take almost 2 weeks holiday after finishing at LCC before I had to return to Burton. My friend Rachel was able to join me so I went to pick her up in Calgary on Nov. 1st. It was quite a shock to Rachel as it was freezing (about -10c) in Calgary that night!
Making the most of the fact it is only an hour and a half's flight from Calgary, we went to Seattle for 2 nights.
It was a bit of a culture shock there for me as it was just like home - rained all the time, more trees and no prairies! It didn't stop raining at all for the whole time we were there, but we had a great time anyway (even with reduced visibility from the Space Needle). We especially enjoyed the Pike Place market and had plenty of hot chocolates - even visiting the first ever Starbucks. The picture on the right is me and Rachel (the name of the pig - honest).
All in all a fantastic time and it had warmed up by the time we returned so no worries over starting the car up in Calgary. Sadly, we both came back without umbrellas, the weather was so bad they both broke!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home