Monday, October 23, 2006

Streatside

Two nights, two meals out - I was doing very well last Thursday & Friday!
Thursday was the long-service awards at the College. I think it's a really nice idea to celebrate in this way. It was held in the College's restaurant and consisted of a presentation of the awards followed by a buffet prepared by the catering students. About 300 people attended and awards were presented for 5, 10, 15, 20, 25, 30 and even 35 years of service!
The second was on Friday night when the library staff treated me to supper at the Streatside Eatery in downtown Lethbridge. It was fun as most of the library staff + significant others were able to come - apparently I should list that as one of my achievements while I've been here.
The food there was really good (I really have to go on a diet when I come home) and the dessert was especially good. In the picture you can see me witha huge slab of Turtles cheesecake, something that definitely needs exporting to England! I couldn't finish it all so had it boxed and enjoyed it for breakfast on Saturday (as I said, I really need to diet when I come home)!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home