Thursday, September 21, 2006

Driving in Lethbridge

I've found driving over here not bad at all. Kathy & Don have allowed me the use of their Jeep (pictured right) to get around in. It's a bit different to my Rover 25! I already knew how to drive an automatic & survived last summer driving on the right-hand side in the south of France, but was still a bit nervous driving in a new country.
However, over here the roads are really wide and there's plenty of big parking spaces (I had been concerned about learning to park a huge car) so I'm enjoying getting out & about. Lethbridge is mostly mapped out on a grid system so the roads are also very straight and handily labelled 1st, 2nd, 3rd, etc starting in the centre of town. North, south and west Lethbridge are labelled as such and all avenues go horizontally and streets go vertically. Therefore I know that 10th Ave S. is the 10th road running west-east from the centre of town.
The only things I still find tricky are the lack of road markings for stop signs and school & playground zones. I don't think they're as obvious as they should be. What I do like is the cute school buses (pictured right at an event at the College) - just like in the movies!

2 Comments:

At 1:31 am, Blogger Grand Master I said...

what the heck is a rover 25?

 
At 4:40 pm, Blogger Katherine said...

About the size of Ford Fiesta. It's a Britsh car, they stopped production this year :-(

 

Post a Comment

<< Home